Are you 18 or older?

Yes No
RU  / EN
Main   /    About us   /    History of Development

Brestskoye Pivo JSC started its history in the late 60's of the previous century, when there were built several large brewing and wine plants within the antialcoholism company in the BSSR.

April 21, 1970 - Brest brewing and wine plant was ceremonially opened, the first batch of "Tavricheskiy Portvein" grape wine was bottled.

March 30, 1971 - the first parcel of "Zhigulyovskoye" beer  was filled in 0.5l bottles.

July 15, 1971 - first non-alcoholic beverages were produced: fermented bread kvass, "Sitro", "Lemonade", "Duchesse" etc.

January 10, 1972 - there was produced the first batch of malt - a brewing raw material.

The annual production capacity of the launched facilities:

 

beer 1835 thousand decalitres; 
grape wine  1585 thousand decalitres;
non-alcoholic beverages  600 thousand decalitres;
malt  6600 tons;

 

1984-1987 - there was built a beverage workshop, where there were bottled non-alcoholic and low-alcoholic beverages, mineral waters and kvass beverages.

1986 - Brestpivprom association was liquidated, and Brest Non-Alcoholic Beverages Plant was conveyed to Zapadnyj Bug Agricultural plant.

1990 - there was made a 1290-metre-deep mineral water hole on the territory of the enterprise.

1993 - there was started production of medicinal and table mineral water with salt content from 2.6 to 4.8 g/l; "Druskininkay"-like.

1990-1992 - re-equipment of malt, kvass, brewing and freezing-compressor departments. Launch of a radiation surveillance laboratory.

1996 - due to reorganization of Zapadnyj Bug Agricultural plant, Brest Non-Alcoholic Beverages Plant was transferred in hand of Brestplodovoschprom Regional association.

1996 - the bottling department was reequipped, and there was implemented tunnel beer pasteurization in glass bottles.

1997 - there was launched the production of keg beer.

1998 - there was started the production of low-alcoholic beverages (Gin Tonic, London Gin etc) in the non-alcoholic workshop. Non-alcoholic beverages started to be filled in PET-bottles.

There was put into operation an apple-processing workshop with a capacity of 4300 tons per season. There was mastered production of fruit wines.

2000-2003 - there were modernized wine-production facilities and installed 2 Italian bottling lines; blending tanks were partially changed for stainless steel ones.

December 29, 2001 - there was founded Brestskoye Pivo Joint-Stock Company as the result of transformation of Brest Non-Alcoholic Beverages Plant Utility unitary enterprise according to the legislation of the Republic of Belarus of public assets privatization and on the basis of the Order #250 of Brestoblimuschestvo committee of December 29, 2001.

Brestskoye Pivo JSC was registered by the Brest Regional Executive Committee in the United State Register of Legal Bodies and Individual Entrepreneurs under #200209849 on January 15, 2002. It was issued a Certificate of State Registration #02932 of January 21, 2002. Location: 224014, Brest, 18 Baumanskaya st.

The Brest Regional Executive Committee is the company promoter. Now the authorized fund is 6,098,049,000 rubles, which is divided into 2,032,683 ordinary stocks - 3,000 rubles each. As for January 1, 2010, a stock was backed with 32,910 rubles of company assets.

The stocks are shared among the stockholders in the following way:

  • the Republic of Belarus - 7,458 stocks, 0.37% of the authorized fund;
  • Brest region - 1,806,442 stocks, 88.87% of the authorized fund;
  • individual entrepreneurs - 218,783 stocks, 10.76% of the authorized fund.

The authorities exercising possessory control at the company: over the stocks belonging to the Republic of Belarus - Belarusian State Food Industry Concern (Belgospischeprom Concern); over the stocks belonging to Brest region - Brestplodovoschprom Regional Utility unitary enterprise.

2003 - reconstruction of the beer bottling workshop. Automated bottling lines were put into operation. As the result, the assortment was expanded. Beer started to be bottled in PET-bottles and kegs.

2004 - there was mastered the production of drinking and mineral water "Ay-Da-Voditsa" with selenium, iodine, fluorine with lemon and grapefruit aroma.

According to the Brewing Industry Development Programme, approved by the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus on October 30, 2002:

September, 2004 - there was started the complete reconstruction of the brewing production facilities. It was implemented in two stages:

  • 1st stage, 2004-2005 - the production capacity of the plant was doubled and reached 3,500 thousand decalitres;
  • 2nd stage, 2009-2010 - capacity of beer production reached 4,300 thousand decalitres. There were invested 44 billion BYR into the two reconstruction stages. As the result, the assortment of beer was expanded, quality was improved, new packages were developed, and design was renewed.

An old soviet brewing plant was transformed to new brewing works with equipment produced by the leading European companies. Beer is brewed with the equipment of Huppmann German company, which is now affiliated by the GEA group.

Beer is fermented in cylinder-conic tanks of Holvrieka Danish company.

Then it is filtered according to the technology of the world leading beer-filtering company Schenk-Zeits.

Compressor and freezing equipment was supplied by Atlas Copco and Grasso.

Water conditioning is provided by Evrovoda. Cleaning and disinfection, which secure high quality and stability of the products, are carried out according to the technology and with the equipment of TMCA Austrian company.

Today a modern automated PET-bottling line is operated at the plant. It was supplied by KRONES German company. The line provides high performance and production of a wide assortment of beer.

Brestskoye Pivo JSC is one of the seven leading brewing companies. It operates wine, non-alcoholic and malt production facilities.

The control over the products quality is exercised at each production stage.

There was implemented STB ISO-9001 quality management system in 2005, which is now effectively applied.

The STB 1470-2004 HACCP quality management and food safety system was implemented in 2007.